International shipping (i.e. with phytosanitary certificate) occurs once every 6 weeks or so.
1. Plants and roots are washed so that they are free from soil or the medium it is grown in (unless grown in moss), to be able to be shipped internationally. This may damage the roots and is a risk that needs to be considered by the buyer.
2. The agricultural department then comes to check the plants to make sure they are healthy and free from pests. The phytosanitary certificate is issued after that.
3. The plants are shipped in moss. They are driven to the airport and packed carefully by hand before being handed over to DHL.
4. Shipping occurs with DHL and the times for shipping vary as to where you are in the world.
5. Once you receive your plant, unpack it and check everything is satisfactory. Any complaints for returns or refunds must be made within the first week. Cosmetic damage is not cause for a refund.
6. Please contact us as soon as possible if something is not satisfactory. Even if a refund is not possible we will try to help as much as we can.